The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
Via our Site:
- Your name (through the contact form and/or a quote request);
- Your intended build location suburb and other optional build location details (through the contact form and/or a quote request);
- Your contact details, including email address and your telephone number (through the contact form and/or a quote request);
- Any other information you provide to us in the free form textbox (through the contact form and/or a quote request);
- Details of products and services that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider; and
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
For the purposes of customer management via telephone or email for input into our Software:
- Your name;
- Your contact details, including email address; building site address, mailing address and your telephone number;
- Your payment details, such as your credit card details;
- Where we are providing our shed related services to you, your bank details and other bank related information such as correspondence from your bank;
- Your council application for the relevant building site;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you, from one of our distributors where you communicate with them or receive our products and/or services from them or from third parties (such as your bank where you are receiving finance to purchase our products and/or services).
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and any associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you where you have made an enquiry with us;
- To assess which services are best for you and to assess your financial capacity to receive our services;
- For internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our products, services, Site, Software and associated applications;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services, including that of our distributors and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- Where you are applying to be an employee, distributor or subcontractor.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our distributors where your enquiry is best handled by one of our distributors or where a specific distributor is working with you to provide our products and/or services;
- Third party service IT service providers for the purpose of enabling them to assist us in providing their services to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers such as data storage, web-hosting and server providers. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia;
- Other third party service providers such as debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, companies within our corporate group contractors, distributors, and/or other related entities;
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We do not currently require the collection of sensitive information and we will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
If collected, sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable, such as when contacting us initially with an enquiry, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
Shed Suite Pty Ltd ACN (628 374 630)
R & F Steel Buildings Pty Ltd (ACN 143 902 229)
R & F Industries Pty Ltd (ACN 130 895 028)
For any questions or notices, please submit a request via our contact form below.
Last update: 13 November 2018